As you can see 3.0.3 is a STS release but no one will see it if they have the update component set at the default of LTS
I have proposed a PR to change the default for 3.0 installations to STS
This methodology however also introduces two problems
1. Current 3.0.2 users are not being notified of the release of 3.0.3 - we can see from the download statistics that a little over 1% of 3.0.2 sites have upgraded so we need to find a way to urgently (as its a security release) notify them of the update
2. When 3.5 is released we will have 2 concurrent LTS releases and the code doesnt check for version only LTS status. As 2.5 will still be a supported LTS release for a period overlapping the release of 3.5 this will create confusion. How do we offer a 2.5 update after the release of 3.5
1. Accept PR to change the default for 3.x installations to STS (this will resolve future updates)
2. Change the com_joomlaupdate code in 2.5 and 3.x to check the version as well as the LTS/STS status (this will resolve conflicts when more than one LTS release is current
3. Place the 3.0.3 release in the LTS xml feed as a temp measure to enable 3.0 sites to update (not sure how this will effect 2.5 sites set to LTS)
creatieve unieke Joomla en VirtueMart websites! Vragen allen via dit Forum!
KvK: 61932647 - Voor onderscheidende Joomla sites die werken!